Friday, August 03, 2007

fmb0027

"My Fat Content"
by Rachel Carlson

I thought it was low
blood sugar, but no,
I have further difficulties,
involving women with mouths
the size of car doors
who want to pull me
onto giant tongues
and crunch me,
drink me down with
no-fat lattes--

this moment eyeing me
for my flavor.

Rachel Carlson just relocated to the Northwest from Bristol, Rhode Island. Now a bartender in Bellingham, Washington, she has fun making colorful, icy drinks with names like "Surfer on Acid." She graduated with a degree in English Literature and Creative Writing from BrynAthyn College in Pennsylvania. Recently, she received her MA in Holistic Counseling from Salve Regina University. You can read more poems at http://myspace.com/rkeridwen.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

delicious :)

easy to digest and leaves a sweet aftertaste...

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home